Monday, March 3, 2008

Making strides

When I first started blogging I had no idea what I was doing. I was extremely intimidated by the whole thing. Now I love it and I'm figuring out how to do so many things. One thing I learned to do today was to create a playlist of songs I like and add them to my blog. How fun! I chose some that I just love and then checked to see if a few of the LDS artists I liked happened to be part of the website. Some weren't, but one was.

I work with the Young Women in my ward and have come to discover the singer/songwriter Jenny Phillips. Those of you in Utah probably know all about her, especially those with youth 12 to 18. I only just discovered her last year. I purchased the Daughter of a King cd for Aubrey and I to listen to. Aubrey adores it. This year I got the Steadfast and Immovable cd. She arranges the music for the young men/young women's themes for the year. If you've never heard her music, get a cd. You will love her!

She came to Bakersfield towards the end of last year and sang and spoke for our youth. I was in Heaven. Her faith is overwhelming. It seems like the church is focusing a lot on helping the youth know who they are and how important they are. Listen to the 2 cds I mentioned and you will have no doubt of your importance.

Anyway, I absolutely love one of the songs on her cd for this year. It's called To Become Like Him. I plugged her name in and about 5 songs came up, but not that one. So, I went ahead and created the rest of my playlist disappointed that that particular song wasn't there. However, later I checked again and there it was. YEAH!!!! It's on my playlist (click on it once or twice to hear it). I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

It's amazing how music can touch our lives. Just one song can bring us down or put us on cloud nine. I've always been touched by music and am glad to see Aubrey taking a big interest in it. She loves her cd player. I hope she'll go farther in music than I have. I also hope that by exposing her (and my boys) to beautiful music with inspiring lyrics it will help her to make good choices in her life and bring her close to the Savior.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

2 comments:

peter5 said...

rambling = you so ramble on, that's one of the reasons we love you. HA

Brooke said...

Your Kiddos are growing up soooo fast especially Jacob!!! I hope all is well with you guys. Yay for blogs to stock our friends huh?