Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter


I just love Easter. At church every lesson and talk is centered on the Savior. Not that we don't learn about Him every Sunday, but we focus so much on what He did for each one of us. The lesson in Sunday School was my favorite. I don't know why it touched me so much, but it did. We talked a lot about what a feast is and how it relates to feasting upon the words of Christ. The teacher made a point to remind us that although we never forget that we were baptized, often times we forget that we have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost with us. I related to that because I too neglect that priceless gift. Sometimes I find that I'm not in tune as much as I should be. Maybe I'd be a much better Mom if I were.

One of the comments he made is that Life is like a Treadmill. While on this earth we are either moving away from the Savior or towards Him. We can't be on that treadmill and decide that we are there. If we do and stop, we'll find ourselves hitting the back wall and we've stopped progressing. Once we're baptized we are not done. We have to endure to end to obtain the most precious of all gifts - Eternal Life!

How comforting it is to know that someone made it possible for us to return and live with our Father in Heaven again. And that if we repent of our sins (which hopefully isn't many) and endure to the end we can be with Him again. I'm sure you all know these scriptures, but they're worth repeating:

John 3:16-17

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

Happy Easter to all of you! You are each a precious gift to me.
Zachary, Dan, Jacob, & Aubrey


3 comments:

Merrimom said...

Lisa!
It's great to see you guys! I'm so glad you found my blog. You have another little one....wow! Tell some people from the ward about our blog for me. I don't post as often as some people do, but it's such a neat way to see what people are doing. Yours is so great...I look forward to spying on you guys!

Todd and Haylee said...

I love that treadmill analogy, it is so true! Happy Easter!

Brooke said...

I went home sick yestureday...so I didn't get to hear the Easter lessons. Thank you for your post.