So I apologize in advance for rambling, but I do that quite often. And no looking for grammatical errors Julie! HA I figure if I blog this maybe it will keep me from screaming. I really dislike the word hate. It's such a mean word and probably one of the ugliest in the English language. I try not to use it very often. However, sometimes it slips out when I'm really mad. That's what makes it such an appropriate word for my feelings right now.
Back in 2005 I started exercising and lost at least 15 pounds. Then I got pregnant and out of the habit. From then on it was every now and then. I really HATE exercising. Dan loves to workout and play sports. He's good at it and I'm not. Anyway, in December I weighed 176 pounds at a doctor's appointment. No, I'm not afraid to say it - 176!!!! I had had it. That was even before the holidays. I was tired of not fitting into my pants and knew I needed to make some changes. I realize Heavenly Father says we shouldn't be obsessed with our physical appearance, but I didn't feel good about the way I looked. Even though I really wasn't fat. I hide it well. And I don't want to look like a super model or even get down to my high school weight of 125, but come on, enough is enough.
At the beginning of January I started exercising and trying to eat better. Mid January I was visiting with Janna and Justin about losing weight. It ended up that Janna and I were going to lose 21 pounds by the end of May. Our reward will be a weekend getaway with our husbands. We bought a scale that night and I weighed 169 fully clothed. The next morning without apparel I was 166. However, Justin said we could go by the fully clothed weight. Last week I was down to 156 - 10 pounds lost. But if I go by Justin's standard I've lost 13 pounds and Janna makes sure I remember that. LOL!!
I have cut out so much of my sweet intake, as well as fat. I really miss chocolate seeing as how I don't eat nearly the amount I used to. I allow myself 1 sweet a day. Which you all know how hard that is for me seeing as how chocolate is my staple - especially brownies. Oh my how I MISS them!! The nice thing is I have found that I don't crave it as much anymore and it's easier to say no.
This isn't why I want to scream though. My current exercise really hasn't been challenging me as much. After reading a post on Janna's sister-in-law's blog, who is a runner and said we needed to get off our behinds and do it, I decided I should try it. Janna and Justin had started as well and Dan has been running. Running is AWFUL!!! I'm not good at it and can't go very far. It does give my body the challenge it needs. I made the decision that I am going to conquer it. Not that I want to join any marathons right now.
The past 3 days I've been getting up at 5:15am (yes you read that right) to run around my cul-de-sac. For those of you who know me - I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!!!!!! But, I can't stand to be in my pajamas until noon and like that I've gotten the exercising (the bane of my existence) out of the way and am ready for the day by 6:30 am. I feel so good about myself for doing this and attribute my not losing many more pounds lately to gaining muscle instead. Unfortunately I have to force myself each morning and keep telling myself only so many more laps. By the way, I walk 2 laps and run 3, then repeat the process about 4 times. When I can run the 3 without feeling like I'm going to DIE then I'll up the number of laps I run. My sister Amy told me the other day that she can run 45 minutes straight. I hate her - well, not really, but wow!!!
Alas, this morning I'm dragging because I'm so tired. Dan says I should listen to my body and not get up tomorrow morning. I'm my mind I keep thinking - "Oh no, I have to get up or I might give up." Especially since next week is Spring Break and you know I'll be sleeping in with the kids. Don't worry, I'll run during the day when they're playing in front yard.
Sorry if I have discouraged anyone from working out. I really do feel better about myself and can tell that I've slimmed down a bit.
Now that I've vented I feel much better.
1 comment:
I've always had a hard time with exercising. I still way what I waeighed a week after i had Alaura. 10 pounds more than my pre pregnancy weight and 20 more than my goal weight. I hear a lot of people say that when they exercise they feel so much better and have more energy...not me. If I exercise I feel dead on my feet all day. I'm not sure how to overcomethis or how to lose the weight I desire(atleast the 10 lbs)Hopefully I'll figure it out soon. Good job on losing the weight though. I'd love to be under 160 right now. I'm jealous.
Post a Comment