Sorry, I've been procrastinating my blog posts. On Wednesday of our trip we didn't really do anything. The guys went wakeboarding in the afternoon, but before that gave Janna, Jennie, and I a little break of our own. We decided to use our "no kids" time to see the cute town of Copperopolis, which Dan jokingly called "Copperlopolis". We saw it as we passed on our way to Angels Camp. It's only about 12 miles back on the winding road we traveled there on.
Upon arrival we realized that we had entered a modern, old-time ghost town. Well, not really. It was sooo cute looking like the town in Back to the Future III only modernized. There was a clock tower and town square in the middle. When I say ghost town that's exactly what I mean. There were hardly any people there. Maybe 20 in the whole complex. That's because even though the outside is finished the inside of the stores are still being worked on and only about 5 of them are open. One, of course, was an ice cream shop. Necessities!!!!! When it's done, though, it will be very popular I bet, complete with restaurants and various shops. We meandered through the 4 that were open. Taking our time, of course, because we were enjoying the quiet of no children.
In one of the stores I think we were scaring the shopkeeper. We noticed these adorable animals made out of bamboo and each had a name. Close to the front of the shop Janna noticed a pig one with it's snout sticking up. On the name tag it read: Hi, my name is Lisa. We both started laughing. Was she calling me a pig??!!!!! Who could blame her with my love of food and I am a moocher. Our laughing got a bit out of control and the lady came and took the pig from Janna's hands telling us to calm down. She was very nice about it. Janna wasn't about to drop it, but it was funny. I would have bought that pig except for the fact that it was over $50. I didn't need it that bad.
This little tourist trap was not the real town of Copperopolis, just a new part for all us tourists. I can't wait to go back when it's finished and see it in all it's glory. Parking might be a problem by then.

1 comment:
Trips without kids are so relaxing. It sounds like they are rubbing off on you though, shame on you getting in trouble being too loud in the store! :)
Post a Comment