Last night we finished the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time as a family (with the kids). Each time we read it gets nicer because as the kids get older they understand more and ask more questions. It takes us a long time because we spend time talking about each part that we read. Well, maybe not the Isaiah chapters. Those stump Dan and I a lot. Luckily we have the Book of Mormon reference guide that answers a lot of questions. We both love that Zach and Aubrey really get into it and want to understand what we're reading about. Zach especially takes great interest in it. Sometimes we get into very long discussions about gospel principals. Hopefully they'll remember this as they get older and it will help them be able to fight the temptations of the adversary.
Zachary has also started reading the Book of Mormon each night in his bed. I don't remember doing that at his age. We're super proud of him. Instead of beginning it all over again as a family Zach wanted to read another book. So the Old Testament it is. We're all excited to read the stories of the prophets of old like Joseph, Daniel, David, and Jonah.
3 comments:
You are so good! I've always wanted to read the scriptures with the kids, but something else is always going on. I know, I shouldn't let that stop me! I do plan on starting with them this summer.
That's great!!! I need to do that! We always start and seem to die off somewhere in Alma... What study guide do you guys use?
You are such a terrific mom. I am envious of your dedication to the gospel. Can't wait to see y'all!!!!!
Post a Comment