Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A SUPER Aunt!!


Zach on Christmas day with his new Superman cape


My kids have dress ups.  I'm sure all households across America have a drawer or 2 in one or more of their kid's bedrooms with some sort of hand made or store bought costumes.  We have our fair share.  I finally got rid of Aubrey's box because she's outgrown all of the adorable dresses.  She just dresses up her younger brothers now.  Unfortunately for Dan she usually does this in girl's attire.  My boys have their dress up drawer as well and it's over flowing so much that I can't fit them all in the drawer.  Some of them include a clone trooper, Superman, pirates, ninjas, and Buzz Lightyear.  And, much to my dismay, Jake and his little friends love them.  You'd think I'd get smart and hide the drawer, but I know they need their fun.  So, I don't and every day I'm having to put them all away again and again and again.  Sometimes they spend much of the time here in a costume.  I have to admit that it is very aggravating to go into Jake's room and find them spread all across the floor.

It's play day to day and we have Conner here and Michael.  Well, I have Conner every morning and Michael on Tuesday and Thursday mornings while his mom is at school.  Every Wednesday is play day with Jake, Conner, Michael and Ben.  We rotate houses.  It's my day today and once again they got into the dressup drawer to get all decked out.  Michael loves the muscular Superman costume.  We even have a real Superman cape.  When Zach was 2 my wonderful Aunt Sue sent him a sweet hand made Christmas present.  It was his very own Superman cape.  She made it well because it still looks new after years of wear and tear.  My boys and their friends have loved that cape.  I'm sure Ethan will get his use out of it as well.  So today when I was cleaning up the dressups once again I thought of Aunt Sue when I put that one away and was grateful for her and the thoughtful gift she made with love for my Zachary years ago.

No comments: